Fort Lincoln Heights: Parts of Barbadoes and Scotland
I want to branch out a little more and represent more neighborhoods. This is a great old real estate advertisement — I’ve been finding a ton of these lately — highlighting Fort Lincoln Heights in NE Washington. Yes, I know that Barbadoes is actually spelled Barbados. But this is a blog that remains true and authentic, so we don’t rewrite history.
The best part is “a twenty minutes’ trot from the city boundary (two miles).” Seven-room homes sold for $2,000 which would be around $51,000 today (based on the CPI).
- Calvin Coolidge, Vermont Native and Our 30th President (ghostsofdc.org)
- Why Is It Named Arlington? (ghostsofdc.org)
- Three Random Stories About Farragut Square (ghostsofdc.org)
- If Walls Could Talk: Chateau Bonaparte on K Street (ghostsofdc.org)
- Linkage: DC’s Power Couples; History Of Shaw’s Tavern Building; More! (dc.curbed.com)