Did you know Bass Ale was available in Washington back in 1911? I did not. Well, it would be only for another six years until Prohibition set in on the city. This was an advertisement I came across in the Washington Herald from Christmas Eve, 1911. I probably won’t be having one of these tonight, but chances are quite good that I’ll be having one of these (yum).
- I Make Sick Teeth Well (ghostsofdc.org)
- The Science of a Perfect Black and Tan (livescience.com)
- We Want Beer! The 1937 All-Star Game at Griffith Stadium (ghostsofdc.org)
- District Chophouse and Brewery (Winter 2011-12 DC Brewpub Tour) (boabeerblog.com)
- Blaine Mansion: Pizza and Good Beer Today (ghostsofdc.org)