What a beautiful old church, which was sadly destroyed in the name of progress. Ugh.
Circa 1924, “Metropolitan Methodist Church, C Street, Washington, D.C.” And the Ford building next door. National Photo Company glass negative. View full size. The church, at C Street NW and John Marshall Place, was abandoned and razed after the congregation moved to its Nebraska Avenue location in the 1930s. The 1905 Ford Motor Co. building on Pennsylvania Avenue was torn down in 1980.