Think It Over, Mr. Careless Husband
Check out this ridiculously anachronistic advertisement from 1906. The one above, and below are, for gas ranges by S.S. Shedd and Brothers located at 432 9th St. NW (now where the FBI building stands).
- Budweiser: Palatable, Healthful, Nutritious. Instrinsically Good. (ghostsofdc.org)
- Congress Heights: The Healthiest and Most Delightful Suburb of Washington (ghostsofdc.org)
- Arnold’s India Pale Ale: The Invalid. The Convalescent. The Entirely Well. It Does Them All Good. (ghostsofdc.org)
- Owning Your Own Apartment is Preferred to Owning Your House (ghostsofdc.org)
- Rambler Bicycles Use the Fastest Tires on Earth (ghostsofdc.org)