This city loves bikes … okay, a few angry drivers hate bikes, but they should work through those issues. WABA is a huge local advocate for our region, pushing for the greener form of transportation. Capital Bikeshare has also exploded as of late, so much so, that I couldn’t find a bike this weekend when I desperately needed one. Yes, I recognize that there are far larger problems I could be faced with (i.e., slow broadband Internet, a long line to get Dogfish Head at Nats Park, Room 11 running out of prosciutto … I could go on).
I digress. You might enjoy this advertisement from 1895 promoting Rambler Bicycles. They were manufactured in Chicago by Gormully & Jeffery between 1878 and 1900.
- Bike Sharing Comes to Maryland (smartgrowthmd.wordpress.com)
- Congress Heights: The Healthiest and Most Delightful Suburb of Washington (ghostsofdc.org)
- Bike-Sharing Stations Approved For National Mall (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Thirty-Five Acres in the Heart of Beautiful Chevy Chase (ghostsofdc.org)
- Five-Year-Old Arrested for Getting His Kite Out of Tree (ghostsofdc.org)