Here's a cool "Then and Now" photo set. This is the Washington Star (or Evening Star) Building down at 1101 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
, right across from the Old Post Office Pavilion
This striking Beaux-Arts building was originally constructed in 1898 (designed by Marsh & Peter) to house the newspaper, which was the anchor tenant until 1955. The paper eventually ceased printing in 1981. By then, the building was in dire need of a second life, and thankfully, it was saved by the Pennsylvania Development Corporation and fully renovated in 1989.
It looks very much like it did back in 1900 when this photograph was taken.