Back in 1931, Constitution Avenue was called B Street. Read about why it was named Constitution Ave. and when.
View of commercial building on the northeast corner of B Street (later Constitution Avenue) and 7th Street NW. An automobile in the foreground has an Esso advertising cover on its spare tire that reads, “ESSO THE GIANT POWER FUEL.” – February 1st, 1931
Source: Dig DC