Here’s a cool advertisement from the Washington Times. This is from June 18th, 1912. By the way, Washington played the Philadelphia A’s that day and beat them 5-4 to pull within 1 1/2 games of the first place Boston Red Sox. Our favorite star, Walter Johnson won 33 games that year (!) but, alas, the Senators finished in second place with a record of 91-61 behind eventual World Series winners, the Red Sox.
- Congress Heights: The Healthiest and Most Delightful Suburb of Washington (ghostsofdc.org)
- Budweiser: Palatable, Healthful, Nutritious. Instrinsically Good. (ghostsofdc.org)
- Owning Your Own Apartment is Preferred to Owning Your House (ghostsofdc.org)
- Rambler Bicycles Use the Fastest Tires on Earth (ghostsofdc.org)
- Titanic and Carpathia Ads in the Washington Post (ghostsofdc.org)