This great old photo shows the view looking north on 15th St., just east of the White House and Treasury Department. The intersection is with Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C., circa 1931. “Fifteenth Street at Pennsylvania Avenue.” Note the traffic lights, which made their D.C. debut in 1926, as well as the traffic-cop gazebo at center (“NO LEFT TURN”) and streetcar switch tower to its left. Harris & Ewing Collection glass negative.