Admittedly, I do not focus enough east of the river. I was doing a little digging around the Library of Congress archives and came across this gem.
This is an advertisement for homes in Congress Heights, published on May 17th, 1902 in the Washington Times. Read through the whole thing. It’s amazing.
- Move to Cathedral Highlands: An Unobstructed View of the Entire Surrounding Country (ghostsofdc.org)
- Old Columbia Heights: Where the Streets Have New Names (ghostsofdc.org)
- Owning Your Own Apartment is Preferred to Owning Your House (ghostsofdc.org)
- At Last! DC Finally Gets Its Own Flag (ghostsofdc.org)
- Herbert Copeland: The Last Person Hanged in D.C. (ghostsofdc.org)