It seems like this the Cherry Blossom Festival is a really long way away … especially after this weekends crappy weather. So, in the hopes of bringing a little faux spring to your week, here is a video from the 1944 Cherry Blossom Festival. It’s an interesting window into D.C. during World War II.
Pardon the music, but I can’t seem to find good old movies on YouTube without horrible soundtracks. I would recommend muting it.
- Post Design for 2012 Cherry Blossom Festival (welovedc.com)
- Holy Cow – Cherry Blossoms Bloomings Dec. 22nd!? (princeofpetworth.com)
- Cherry Blossom Weekend 2012 (tallclubmilwaukee.wordpress.com)
- DC Cherry Blossoms in 2003 (raoulpop.com)
- #01 February 2012: NaHaiWriMo ~ Cherry Blossoms Open (19planets.wordpress.com)