I stumbled across a great resource for streetcar photos. Check out the slide show below of some photos I pulled.
The map below is the transit map for Washington in 1948. Click on it for a closer look at the routes.
- Cool Sunday Photo: Streetcar Passing Washington Monument (ghostsofdc.org)
- Officials Probe Eckington Streetcar Disaster (ghostsofdc.org)
- Mr. and Mrs. Walter Johnson Tie the Knot on Monroe St. NW (ghostsofdc.org)
- Old Photo Friday: F St. NW in 1908 (ghostsofdc.org)
- Columbia Heights Arcade Gets First Roof Garage in D.C. (ghostsofdc.org)
Get more GoDC posts by email
Sign up to receive our great posts right in your inbox!