I came across the following Facebook post on Friday and was horrified to see the following post about the beautiful home at 3400 Massachusetts Ave. NW. It’s just awful that the new owner wants to tear down this beautiful 1925 home. You can help stop this by signing this petition.
A raze application has been received for this 1925 house at 3400 Massachusetts Ave., right next to the Naval…
We want to bring this to all GoDCers’ attention, because, as loyal local history fans, you should be outraged that this would happen. Not too long ago, the home was featured as the house of the week in The Washington Post.
We need to have a unified voice that’s loud and clear, that we don’t want to lost important historic buildings like this. Please fill out this petition, send an email to the Historic Preservation Review Board ([email protected]), and contact your councilmember.
- Council Chairman Phil Mendolson: 202.724.8032
- Elissa Silverman (At-large): 202.724.7772
- Anita Bonds (At-large):
- David Grosso (At-large):
- Vincent Orange (At-large):
- Brianne Nadeau (Ward 1): 202.724.8181
- Jack Evans (Ward 2): 202.724.8058
- Mary Cheh (Ward 3): 202.724.8062
- Kenyan McDuffie (Ward 5): 202.724.8028
- Charles Allen (Ward 6): 202.724.8072
- Yvette Alexander (Ward 7): 202.724.8068
The raze application lists State Central Bank as the property owner and CAS Engineering as the contracting firm representing the owner, and Don Murphy Excavating as the contractor that will do the razing.
Look at this interior photo and you’ll be even more sad that someone would think about knocking the home down.