GoDC Challenge to Win a Sweatshirt!
Here’s our long overdue GoDC challenge to pass some time today during lunch. The first person to answer all ten questions below in the comments, will win a fancy new Ghosts of DC sweatshirt. You’re going to love having one of these around when the fall creeps up on us. All of the answers are readily (and easily) available on the site … so, here you go! (BTW, the search form is at the bottom of this page.)
- What is this a photo of and when was it taken (plus or minus 3 years)?
- What was the address for the Happy News Cafe?
- According to an ad we posted, how much did an East Vienna Woods home cost in 1957?
- What is this a picture of?
- What year was this directory published in the Washington Times?
- What is the name of the upcoming play written by Jim Lehrer?
- What was the title of a post we published exactly a year ago today?
- What was the date of John Wilkes Booth’s acting debut? (hint: ghostsofbaltimore.org)
- According to an article we posted from April 15th, 1912, the Titanic was afloat and being towed where?
- What monarch came to D.C. in 1897 and stayed on the 10th floor of the Cairo?