Here it is again … your Friday Ghosts of DC trivia challenge. Last week’s winner, Katie, crushed it and is the proud owner of a brand new Officer Sprinkle shirt. We hope you proudly flaunt that shirt around town as the first official GoDC challenge winner.
Who’s will be the next big winner? The prize this time is a black GhostsofDC.org t-shirt. What are you waiting for? The questions are below the picture below.
The first person to correctly answer the questions below, in order, within the comments below, will win the above t-shirt. Every answer can be found on Ghosts of DC. Good luck.
- What was the name of the White House police officer who died protecting President Truman during an assassination attempt by Puerto Rican nationalists?
- The Crowned Prince of Iraq visited President Truman at the White House in 1945. What was his name?
- What was the name of the presidential military aide from DC who died on the Titanic?
- Who was president the year George Romney broke a priceless 18th-century antique in the White House?
- On what day was the first night baseball game held at Griffith Stadium?
- Mark Twain was in DC back in 1908 to testify before Congress. In what hotel did he stay?
- What famous ex-monarch was a resident of the Cairo Hotel in Dupont back in 1897?
- Where was Franklin Roosvelt’s 4th inauguration held?
- What band played a concert at the Capital Centre in Landover on June 9th, 1975?
- Which president stopped his train briefly overnight to rest near Deanwood?
- Win a GoDC Shirt! Our Afternoon Scavenger Hunt (ghostsofdc.org)