Officials inspect the wrecked train that had crashed through the floor of the concourse. (Photo courtesy of Trains Magazine, August 1953)

Officials inspect the wrecked train that had crashed through the floor of the concourse. (Photo courtesy of Trains Magazine, August 1953)

About Ghosts of DC

Tom founded Ghosts of DC on January 4th, 2012 as a blog to uncover the lost and untold history of Washington, D.C. He has lived in the city for over a decade and loves exploring every corner of the District. He lives in Columbia Heights with Mrs. Ghost and Ghost Dog. On September 3rd, 2013, the second site launched as Ghosts of Baltimore.

Check Also

1903 Map of National Mall’s East End

Okay, it’s been a really long time since we posted anything. Life gets busy when …