Wow. Three years. It’s really hard to believe how far this site has come. Thank you to everyone who has supported the site over these years, especially those early GoDCers from January 2012. I still remember all of you! Keep coming back and keep sharing the site. The site has slowed down in the last year or so due to an increase in my personal responsibilities, but I’ll do my best to keep it chugging along.
Here’s to (at least) three more years!
Best of 2012
The top shared stories from our first year were:
- 1851 Map of the City of Washington, D.C.
- Abraham Lincoln in Color (1865)
- Senior Prom at the White House
- Anti-Flirt Club: Don’t Undress Me With Your Eyes
- Key Bridge Under Construction
Best of 2013
The top shared stories for 2013 were:
- Wow … A Full 360 Degree View of Washington from the Capitol Dome in 1863
- Where Is J Street? Three Competing Theories.
- 1891 Map of Street Sweeping
- 1914 Directory of Apartments and Rent
- Incredible View of Memorial Bridge Under Construction
Best of 2014
And finally, here are last year’s top shared stories:
- Amazing Photo of Washington Monument Apex
- Colorized Photo of Lewis Powell, Lincoln Conspirator
- Opening Dedication Ceremony of Dulles Airport in 1962
- Drunk Guy Falls Off Key Bridge Railing
- Why Is It Named Glebe Road?