Panama Legation at New Hampshire and Q St. (1925)

What a beautiful building. Sadly, this building no longer exists.

– click image for more –
Washington, D.C., circa 1925. "Panama Legation, New Hampshire Avenue and Q Street N.W." 18th Street is on the left and New Hampshire Avenue on the right. This is one of the earliest examples of a stop sign ("Boulevard Stop") in the archive. National Photo Company Collection glass negative.
Washington, D.C., circa 1925. “Panama Legation, New Hampshire Avenue and Q Street N.W.” 18th Street is on the left and New Hampshire Avenue on the right. This is one of the earliest examples of a stop sign (“Boulevard Stop”) in the archive. National Photo Company Collection glass negative.

Take a look at the same intersection today on Google Street View.

[googlemaps https://maps.google.com/maps?gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=38.911405,-77.041679&spn=0.005017,0.010568&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=38.911405,-77.041679&panoid=Vv2YBHAEv5bmubFc4dx_7Q&cbp=12,212.54,,0,-1.1&source=embed&output=svembed]

About Tom

Tom founded Ghosts of DC on January 4th, 2012 as a blog to uncover the lost and untold history of Washington, D.C. He has lived in the city for over a decade and loves exploring every corner of the District.

Check Also

1610 14th St. NW

14th St. Buildings in 1920 Before Pearl Dive, Ghibellina, and Rice

This great old photo shows 1610 14th St. NW, which is currently Ghibellina in the …