I’m feeling pretty good about this week. It looks like we had some decent posts this week, with few duds … or at least the duds were less crappy.
Also, we passed 2,000 followers on Twitter and 800 likes on Facebook, so thanks to all of you spreading the word about Ghosts of DC to your friends. If you’re into Pinterest, we’re also there, but a little quieter.
- Old Columbia Heights: Where the Streets Have New Names — I live in Columbia Heights. I too thought this was cool. So did @newcolumbiahts and @dcist.
- The Police Play the Ontario Theater on Columbia Road — Read the comment by Lisa. That’s the coolest part.
- Vice President Calvin Coolidge Evacuates the Willard Due to Fire … and an Awkward Encounter — All I have to say is “what are you vice president of?”
Three major duds for the week … give them a second chance.
- Janis Joplin Plays Merriweather Three Weeks Before Woodstock — This shouldn’t be the worst post. Carl Bernstein wrote the concert review!
- Grateful Dead Play Free Show at American University — Not a lot of Deadheads out there.
- We Want Beer! The 1937 All-Star Game at Griffith Stadium — Don’t like beer? Don’t like baseball?
Okay, I guess I should caveat the dud comments because traffic for these duds was about three to four times higher than normal. Maybe the blog is catching fire and even the crappy posts are reasonably well read across the Interwebs.
I also want to highlight a couple cool things that I read this week.
- DC Preservation League Annual Fundraiser — Do you like cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, music and preserving our history? This is the event for you.
- Kimberly Bender’s blog the location — Great story from last week about a flying cat.
- Space Shuttle Discover — I saw the shuttle fly-by and it was incredible. Watch this video, and you’ll see what I’m talking about (if you missed it).
I love the Internet. It’s full of amazing things.
Last, here’s my favorite photo from this week. I took it last weekend en route to enjoy brunch at Hank’s Oyster bar.
And a final thing … I made the first Ghost of DC shirt the other day. I’ll let you know when it arrives. Maybe I’ll hand a few of these out to the first GoDCers.