Here’s a cool short post to end this Friday. I was scanning Shorpy and came across this photograph. I think it’s amazing. The building was built between 1892 and 1899. This photo was taken a year later, in 1900, so it’s brand new and it looks great … not to mention, it dominates the entire block. It’s massive.
- Bathing Suit Police at the Tidal Basin (ghostsofdc.org)
- America’s Smallest Post Office (ayearofletters.wordpress.com)
- Cooling Off in Rock Creek (ghostsofdc.org)
- Watch Out For That Tree! … Mailbox, Lamp Post and Emergency Callbox (ghostsofdc.org)
- Abraham Lincoln in Color (1865) (ghostsofdc.org)
- Charleston, SC circa 1910 (thedustsettles.com)